Breed Rating (3 Reviews)
The Mekong Bobtail is named after the Mekong, the river that flows through China, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Sporting a short tail, it originated due to a natural, random gene mutation that cropped up over a large area of Southeast Asia.
The modern Mekong Bobtail was developed in Russia as an experimental breed, and is now widely recognized as a standalone breed.
Like the stubby-tailed Manx, the Mekong Bobtail is athletic and agile. They enjoy vigorous play sessions involving climbing or jumping, and match this restlessness with a gentle and affectionate nature.
Comes in all self colors with a pointed pattern.
- Status: Rare
- Place of Origin: South East Asia
- Rough date of Origin: Pre 20th Century
- Hair length: Shorthair
- Activity Level: High
- Vocalness: Medium
- Child friendly: Good with children
- Playfullness: Demanding of Attention
- Grooming Requirements: More than once per week
- Weight: 3.5 - 6.0kg
- Size: Medium
- House Cat or Outdoor Cat: Outdoor Cat
- Pet Compatibility:
- Social Needs: